To manufacture your parts with high accuracy and quick rapids, our precision CNC milling centers are equipped with 3-, 4- and 5-axis machines using automatic multi-tool turrets, programmable indexers, and a large selection of support tooling. We are equipped to meet exacting standards to + .0002 tolerances. Some of these machines have rapids of up to 1,400 inches per minute. We are also capable of performing high-speed rigid tapping, making our manufacturing process more efficient by allowing for less manual labor.
- 3, 4 and 5-axis machining
- + .0002 tolerances
- Automated multi-tool turrets
- Programmable indexers
- Up to 1,400 ipm rapids
Our facilities include high performance 6-axis CNC lathes with up to 18” chuck capacities to complete your turned parts as efficiently as possible and to extremely tight tolerances. Most of our lathes are equipped with bar feeders, allowing for fully automatic operation.
- Up to 6-axis CNC turning
- + .0002 tolerances
- 18″ chuck capacities
- Equipped for fully automatic operation
In addition to producing from prototype to low- to high-rate production we also provide many specialized services for our valued customers, including CNC grinding, multi-axis CNC machining to precise tolerances, machining of castings and forgings, assembly and testing.
- Assembly and testing
- Highly precise, multi-axis machining of complex contours
- Machining of forgings, castings and solids
- Supply chain management
Lights Out Machining
Our Automated Pallet Changers and 6-axis robotic arm provide automation with no supervision, allowing for highly precise machining processes to continue 24/7. During the COVID-19 pandemic we are able to work without interruption providing a continuous stream of complex parts for the essential aerospace and defense industries.
- Automated pallet changers
- 9-axis robotic arm
- Highly skilled programming
- No supervision or personnel required overnight
MD Engineering is equipped and staffed to provide production rates from prototypes to astounding volume in a precise, quality controlled, fast-turn environment. Our people and facilities allow us to meet your most demanding requirements.
- Limited run through high-rate production
- Critical, rapid turns
Testing and Quality Control
We are qualified to AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 and maintain a full testing and QC department to ensure the parts we produce for you meet the rigorous demands of the aerospace and defense industries. Quality in your product is our product.
- Digital gauging with CMMs
- Dimensional Inspection with optical comparators and gauging tools
- An array of other tools and equipment
Specialized Services and Processes
We perform many additional in-house processes to support the manufacture of your parts. This includes Helicoil installation, Lee Plug installation, Keensert installation, honing, vacuum testing and micro-deburring. Our deburring specialists use advanced electro-chemical, magnetic, and tumble deburring equipment, as well as a multitude of detailed hand tools. All of this plus assembly with bearings, bushings, electrical componentry and liners.
- Advanced electro-chemical, magnetic, and tumble deburring
- Assembly of bearings, bushings, electrical componentry and liners
- Broaching and honing
- Concurrent engineering for manufacturability
- Installation and inserts assembly
- Tool and fixture design and fabrication
We also provide many outside services such as anodizing, coatings (chem film, conductive and oxide), specialty plating of all types, NDT, painting, plasma and powder coating, and so much more. If you need it, we provide it.
- Coating including chem film, conductive, HVOF, oxide, plasma, and powder
- Specialty plating such as cadmium, chrome, electroless and standard nickel, and zinc
- Welding and brazing